We need your help to build a community of music! Volunteers play an important role in the NBSO’s mission of artistic excellence, music education, and community outreach.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities currently available at the NBSO. Please consider joining our organization for a few hours or more and help us bring music to the SouthCoast! To volunteer or offer your assistance, please email Conee Sousa or call the NBSO office at (508) 999-6276.
- Office Administration: Answer phones, open mail, type letters, data entry, filing, mailings; all skill levels welcomed; familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel are not required but are a plus.
- Mailings: Assist with copying, folding, stuffing and sealing letters and envelopes.
- Special Events: Assist with event planning, logistics, set up, clean up, promotion and coordination.
- Distribution: Assist with the distribution of posters and flyers in South Coast communities.
- Concert Production: Assist with transportation of guest artists, assist conductor with stage set up for rehearsals, concert logistics, arrange for water and food for musicians.
- Educational Programs: Assist with the administration of educational programs, including record keeping, mailings, phone calls, site visits, training, and helping with Young People’s Concerts; all skill levels welcomed; familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel, and any background in education, are not required but a plus.
- Marketing: Assist with concert and special events marketing, emails, e-newsletters, brochures, posters and flyers.
- Fund Raising: Assist with annual fund, concert sponsorships, endowment, planned giving, prospect identification, cultivation activities, and solicitations.
Thank You To Our Amazing Volunteers!
- Marcia Beardsley
- Anne Bedser
- Barbara Bell
- Diane Berube
- Lee Bourbeau
- Meg Brown
- Trudy Coitu
- Janet DeYoung
- Maria Dickinson
- Karen Gardner
- Jeannie Gulbranson
- Janet Hatcher
- Margaret Jones
- Diane Letourneau
- Andrea Marcovici
- Pal Moniz
- Diana Nichols
- Madeline Reid
- Pauline Riding
- Judy Robinson
- Pat Stringer
- Louise Travers
- Barbara Van Inwegen
- Marjorie Waite
- Anne Whitney
Your donations make possible our innovative educational programs.
Our educational programs serve over 25,000 children a year, and we are recognized nationally for our innovative approach and high impact. We all know of the documented benefits of children learning music, and we firmly believe that by introducing classical music to a new generation of students through our programs, we are helping them to make critical connections between music and their everyday lives, making their NBSO experience enriching on multiple levels.
Join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with all the latest news and events from the New Bedford Symphony Orchestra by signing up for our email newsletter.